TOP 5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Determine client scenario: how many people, do they currently have coverage, are they eligible for a subsidy, do they have a doc they must keep, do they need benefits outside Florida?? You need all this info to target the right course and plans
- Use Access Blue to run quotes with subsidies before going to healthcare.gov. and screen share if possible to keep the client interested and focused. Email if needed.
- Discuss the differences among the networks, explain certain terminology and give examples for better understanding.
- Offer to upload inconsistent documents for the client. Make yourself indispensable.
- Marketplace: Have client term their own policy, remember all changes must be done on healthcare.gov, and they forward to Blue.
Marketplace Training Videos
How to Handle Challenging or Unique Consumer Situations During the Upcoming Open Enrollment Period
Marketplace Quick Reference
Marketplace News: IRS Final Rule Regarding Affordability of Employer Coverage for Family Members of Employees
CMS – Affordability of Employer Coverage for Family Members of Employees: “Fixing the Family Glitch”
CMS – Taxes, Exemptions, Reconciling Advance Payments of the Premium Tax Credit, and Failure to File and Reconcile
CMS – Agent and Broker Resource Links